Family Fun From The Inside...OUT!
Moreau Lake State Park
605 Old Saratoga Rd.
Gansevoort, NY 12831
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://nysparks.com/parks/150/details.aspx
In my backyard, unbeknownst to me, for a large portion of my life! Whether you are looking for a place to spend a day or the entire weekend, this lovely little New York State Park has it all:
- A small, but very interesting, CLEAN lake for paddling. NO motorboats, a big plus for me when taking Dora on a paddle.
- Kayak, Canoe, and SUP rentals.
- A sizable, clean, lifeguarded beach with zones for little ones, lap swimmers, and everything in between.
- Campsites for tents and trailers, group campsites with picnic tables under a HUGE pavilion, and a clean bathroom/shower facility nearby. Sites seem very well spread out and fairly private.
- Hiking and biking trails.
- Lakeside rental cabins if camping is not your thing!
We visited for the second time just a few weeks ago, just looking for a quick paddle close to home. We have camped at a group site in the park previously, and I cannot say enough good about that experience! So when we returned to paddle several weeks ago, we picked up the Empire Pass, which gives us access to all New York State Parks for the year.
Some photos and videos, a mix from both trips:
Tell us all about your car camping adventures in the comments below, and you just might win some cool free stuff on FAN APPRECIATION FRIDAY!! WOOHOO!!!
What’s Fan Appreciation Friday, you ask?
Some Fridays, we choose one or more of our most active/interactive fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and/or here on the blog to get cool free stuff! Books, gear, games, gadgets, and more! All you have to do is interact (like, comment, share, retweet, favorite, repin, or play along in any of the games we post!) on any of our pages to be eligible! Fan support is ALWAYS noticed and greatly appreciated!
WHERE TO FIND US:
Facebook: It’s More Fun Outdoors
Pinterest: It’s More Fun Outdoors!
Or leave us a comment below!
If you enjoyed this blog post, you’ll love our weekly newsletter!
Get campfire recipes, tips for awesome family getaways, gear reviews, and much, much more, delivered weekly to your inbox.
Jam-packed with the most popular happenings here on the blog, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and anywhere else we happen to turn up!